Free MainBoss System
The free MainBoss windows desktop system enables a single user to keep track of maintenance problems and their resolution. Maintenance requests can be manually entered, or a client can directly submit requests by e-mail.
Windows 10 users should get MainBoss from the Windows Store. All other Windows desktop users or those that require the MainBoss Service should download from Thinkage.
MainBoss requires the use of a Microsoft SQL Server. Many organization already have a SQL Server that can be used, if not a free version of Microsoft's SQL Express can be used. Windows 10 users should be downloaded SQL Server Express directly from Microsoft. For users of older versions of Windows, SQLServers is list of SQL server downloads.
Who uses it?Landlords of rental properties can use MainBoss to track tenant maintenance requests. Manufacturing maintenance can track equipment breakdowns and corrective repairs. Schools, hospitals, hotels, universities, stadiums, museums, and other facilities can organize their assets and respond to repair requests.
What is free?
For no charge and for as long as needed, MainBoss will keep track of
- Maintenance problems and their resolution
- Maintenance requestors (to a maximum of 50) who can be added or removed at any time
- Unlimited buildings and equipment on which maintenance problems are associated
- Who was assigned to resolve the maintenance problems that occur
- A history of the steps taken to resolve the maintenance problems
What else do I get?MainBoss provides
- an extensive reporting system that can produce reports on maintenance requests, buildings and equipment. These reports can be filtered and grouped by a large number of criteria.
the ability to expand beyond the free problem tracking system to a full maintenance management system with additional purchased licenses that provide:
- scheduling of preventive maintenance work orders
- support for additional number of maintenance requestors
- access to multiple users of MainBoss
- tracking of employees' hours and costs
- tracking of contractors' hours and costs
- tracking of materials in storerooms and as well as material usage and costs.
- web access by employees using phone, tablets and computers
- web access to allow clients to enter their requests directly
- notifications to maintenance requestors of the state of their request
- notifications to employees of the state of their work orders
Thinkage can also provide training, setup and other consultation services.