MainBoss CMMS Implementation Tips
This section offers tips for any organization preparing to computerize its maintenance management. Our suggestions should help you get started with any CMMS package, not just our own MainBoss software.
Note: While we have made every effort to ensure the quality of these tips, they are offered only as "food for thought," not as definite recommendations. Thinkage Ltd. takes no responsibility for any consequences that might result from the use of information offered here.
- Getting started with a CMMS
- What do you want your CMMS to accomplish?
- Getting buy-in from those involved
- How much will it really cost?
- Who will do the set-up?
- Making a plan
- Initial data and coding
- Equipment specifications
- Data inputting
- Preventive maintenance tasks
- Steps for phase-in
- Consistency over multiple sites
- Optimizing your CMMS