MainBoss Advanced, Version 3.4.2:
Migrating from MainBoss Basic to MainBoss Advanced
- MainBoss License Keys: Jan 1, 2013 or later
- Hardware and Software System Requirements
Required Microsoft Software:
- Microsoft SQL Server: Must be installed on one computer
- Microsoft .NET 4 Framework: Must be installed on every computer where you intend to use MainBoss
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1: Must be installed on every computer where you intend to use MainBoss
- Click here for info on downloading required Microsoft software
Installing MainBoss Advanced and Important MainBoss Basic Data
- Open Migrating from MainBoss Basic to MainBoss Advanced (PDF) so you can consult it during this process.
- Follow "Preparation for Migration" in the Migrating guide to prepare your MainBoss Basic database for migration.
- On the computer where SQL Server is running, login to an account with Windows Administrator and SQL Server Administrator privileges.
Extract contents of ZIP file and execute setup.exe to install MainBoss Advanced.
(Do not execute the .msi file directly.)
- Follow "The Migration Process" in the Migration Guide to export data from MainBoss Basic and create a MainBoss Advanced database in SQL Server.
Start MainBoss and look at the results.
- If the migration seems to have gone correctly, you can proceed to install MainBoss Advanced on any other computer where users may wish to run it. Remember that .NET 4 and ReportViewer must be installed on every computer where you wish to use MainBoss Advanced.
- If you encountered difficulties, see the Installation and Administration Guide (PDF) for trouble-shooting help.
- If you wish some or all of your users to use MainBoss in ClickOnce mode, download and install the necessary software.
- If you have licensed MainBoss Service, download and install it now.
If you have licensed the Web Access and/or Web Request modules:
- Extract the ZIP file's contents, then follow the installation instructions in Appendix C of the MainBoss Advanced Installation and Administration manual.
Click here for a list of known problems in this version of MainBoss Advanced.