How to Send Us Your MainBoss Basic Database
Note: These instructions are for MainBoss Basic 2.9. For sending us a MainBoss (SQL) database, click here.
You can send us your complete database by following these steps:
- Make sure no one is using MainBoss at your site (i.e. everyone has exited the program) before you begin this process.
- Use Windows Explorer to locate your MainBoss database folder. If you installed your database in the default location, this folder will be C:\MainBoss. Otherwise, your database folder will be whatever you specified when you installed the software. (Hint: You'll be able to recognize the correct folder because it contains files with names like access.cdx and access.dbf.)
In the folder list, right-click on the database folder.
In the resulting menu, select Send To and then
select Compressed (zipped) folder as shown in
the following picture:
- Windows will create a single ZIP file that contains compressed copies of every file in the folder. This file will have the same name as the folder, but will be labeled as a ZIP file. For example, C:\MainBoss will produce c:\MainBoss.zip. (Note that this file only makes copies of the database files. You may continue using MainBoss as usual.)
- If necessary, rename the ZIP file so that it doesn't contain space characters or any other "odd" characters. (An odd character is anything other than a letter, a number, an underscore or the period in .zip.)
- Click the Browse button below and use it to locate the ZIP file you've just created. You'll see the name of the file appear in the accompanying box.
- In Your email address below, type your email address. This will let us identify who submitted the file.
- To set things in motion, click Submit. This will transmit your ZIP file to MainBoss support. (The speed of your web connection determines how fast the ZIP file is sent.)
Please fill out this form to submit the ZIP file containing your database. Note: The upload begins when you click the Submit button. You won't see any response until the upload is finished; that may take a long time, depending on the size of the ZIP file and the speed of your Internet connection.
The maximum file size that can be sent through this submission process is 1GB.