MainBoss, Version 4.2.4:
Migrating from MainBoss Basic to MainBoss
- MainBoss License Keys: January 1, 2021 or later
- Hardware and Software System Requirements
Required Microsoft Software:
- Microsoft SQL Server: Must be installed on one computer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2: Must be installed on every computer where you intend to use MainBoss
- Click here for info on downloading required Microsoft software
Installing MainBoss and Important MainBoss Basic Data
- Open Migrating from MainBoss Basic to MainBoss (PDF) so you can consult it during this process.
- Follow "Preparation for Migration" in the Migrating guide to prepare your MainBoss Basic database for migration. In particular, make sure you clean up your MainBoss Basic database in accordance with the Recommended Clean-Up Procedures.
- On the computer where SQL Server is running, login to an account with Windows Administrator and SQL Server Administrator privileges.
Save the installation file and execute it to install MainBoss.
- Follow "The Migration Process" in the Migration Guide to export data from MainBoss Basic and create a MainBoss database in SQL Server.
Start MainBoss and look at the results.
- If the migration seems to have gone correctly, you can proceed to install MainBoss on any other computer where users may wish to run it. Remember that .NET 4.6.1 must be installed on every computer where you wish to use MainBoss.
- If you encountered difficulties, see the Installation and Administration Guide (PDF) for trouble-shooting help.
- If you wish some or all of your users to use MainBoss in ClickOnce mode, download and install the necessary software.
- If you have licensed MainBoss Service, configure and start it now. (For more information, see the Installation and Administration Guide (PDF).)
If you have licensed the Web Access and/or Web Request modules:
- Extract the ZIP file's contents, then follow the installation instructions in Appendix C of the MainBoss Installation and Administration manual.
Click here for a list of known problems in this version of MainBoss.