What's New in MainBoss 2.9, Update 5
The following lists differences between MainBoss 2.9 Update 5 and Update 4.
- Administration —> Database —> Export XML lets you export the entire contents of your database in XML format. This is primarily intended for facilitating users who wish to upgrade from MainBoss Basic to MainBoss Advanced.
- Auditing facilities have been improved in several ways. For example, when the auditor discovers a link to a missing record, you now have the option of creating an appropriate record to replace the missing one.
- The archiver now preserves "Location" information when inventory transactions are archived.
- The Work Order History report now lets you restrict the report to labor costs incurred within a given range of dates (specifically, for workers whose contribution to a job started in the specified range of dates).
- In many windows, the Cancel button now changes to Close once you have saved the data shown in the window. In other words, Close tells you that it's safe to close the window because the data has been saved. Cancel closes the window without saving any changes.
- When you are looking at transferred work requests with the work request browser, the browser now shows the work order numbers assigned to the transferred requests.
- The Unit report now has a Suppress costs option. If this is checkmarked, the report will not contain the costs of the equipment. This is useful if you intend to give the report to personnel who need equipment lists but who don't need (or shouldn't be told) cost information.
- In previous releases, the Downtime Report considered that the date of the downtime was the date that the associated work order was closed. Now, the date is the work order's "Work Start" date.
- All browsers now have a Search button instead of the old navigation bar. Clicking Search will let you search for a record whose description or code begins with a specified string.
- The default button for printing reports and generating preventive work orders has been changed to Preview. This means that if you just press <Enter>, you'll get a preview of the report or generated work orders. Previously, the default was Close for report windows and Generate up to for preventive work orders.
The behavior has changed for "From" and "To" fields,
plus all other fields where you specify a pair of values to indicate a range.
If you type a value into the field that indicates the start of the range,
MainBoss automatically puts the same value into the field that indicates the end of the range.
This is useful if you want the range to be restricted to a single value.
(To do this previously, you had to type the same value twice: once for the start of the range, and once for the end.)
If you type a value into the "end of range" field first, MainBoss does not type that value into the "beginning of range."
- The window for editing work requests now has a Save & Print button.
- The Work Order Statistics report now lets you select work orders based on status (open, closed, or voided).
- When grouped by building, the Work Order History report will now sort by unit location within buildings when you ask for a detailed report. (Previously, it sorted by work order number.) Also, when grouped by asset account, system, ownership, project, or cost center, information will be sorted by unit code within each group.
- The Work Order History report can now sort results by access code.
- The Work Request History report now starts a new page for each new grouping. For example, if you're grouping by building, the work requests for each new building will start on a separate page.