What's New in MainBoss 2.9, Update 4
The following lists differences between MainBoss 2.9 Update 4 and Update 3.
- A new "Include Cost Center" option is available when printing purchase orders. This option is useful if you use MainBoss's purchase order facilities to create purchase requests that you then send to your purchasing department. The Cost Center can then provide information to your purchasing department. If a cost center is included on a purchase order, it will be separated from the vendor information by a separator line.
- The Work Order Labor History report now includes the Task ID for preventive maintenance jobs.
The window for producing Manpower Schedule reports now has a number of default options
set when the window is first opened. These options will produce a report showing what
work orders are scheduled for your staff each day for the next week. This makes it quick
and easy to produce the type of schedule that most customers use most often.
Specifically, the default options are "Total Daily" (breaking down the report day-by-day), "Inside" (inside workers as opposed to outside contractors), and "Detail" (giving complete details of each job). The "From" and "To" columns for "Date" are set for the forthcoming week (starting with today).
- The installation process was changed to modify permissions on Windows 2000 systems on the "New database" directory to include "Everyone" with Change permissions. This change is done only when the new database is installed.
- The sample databases installed also have "Everyone" Change permission applied to permit the samples to be opened on Windows XP systems (where the default is Readonly).
- Installation on systems prior to Windows 2000 (e.g. Windows 98) will issue a warning that MainBoss is not supported on systems earlier than Windows 2000. The installation will still proceed once the user clicks "OK".
- The Laundry sample has been reduced in size to permit the one-time generation of about 65 workorders before the demonstration limit of 200 is reached.
- The combined Thinkage/MainBoss logo is used for Setup and in the Help About, and Help files.
- "My Documents" is the default export directory the first time a user tries to export a file. (Previous MainBoss versions would default to the MainBoss database directory). This change was made to meet Microsoft's "Designed for Windows XP Logo" requirements.
- "My Documents" is the default input directory for opening input files (e.g. in the "Insert File" menu item for task descriptions).
The following bugs were fixed in this release.
- There was previously a problem that occurred if you recorded the receipt of items that weren't specified on the original purchase order. Specifically, the Purchase Order History report would end up printing nonsense. This has now been corrected, and the PO History report marks such items as "items received but not ordered".
- Fixed a bug with "Quick Actuals" that sometimes created false WO issue transactions.
- If a task description doesn't specify a unit, MainBoss will not create work orders from the task. (Previously, it was possible to create unusable work orders if a task didn't specify a unit.)
- Previously, if you restored a MainBoss database (using Administration->Database->Restore) the restoration didn't create an ARC directory, and therefore archiving operations didn't work. This has now been corrected.