What's New in MainBoss 2.7, Update 1
The following lists differences between MainBoss 2.7, Update 1 and the previous release.
- MainBoss 2.7 now has audit facilities that can check for errors
and unusual conditions in your database. The audit facilities also let you correct some of these problems.
- New options have been added to the procedure for generating work orders.
- The facilities for working with prototype purchase orders have been expanded.
- Work orders may now obtain materials and services from an existing purchase order, rather than
having to create a new purchase order. Similarly, purchase orders may now be applied to existing work orders.
- Purchase order prototypes can now be re-used by more than one task or assigned unit. For example,
if you create a new task or unit assignment, you can specify that the new item uses an existing purchase
- The format of the database files has changed slightly. If you extract information directly from the database files
(for example, to create customized reports), see the updated documentation on database format for information on changes.
- The Work Order and the Work Order History reports now include the Model and Serial number of any unit identification.
- The Unit code is now displayed when browsing work orders.
- The process of exporting Work Order History reports has been optimized so that it does not produce redundant records.
- You can list tasks associated with vendors by using the Purchase Order History report and selecting Prototype P/Os.
- Vendors are now printed on preventive maintenance work orders even if there are no Extra costs associated with the work order.
- Material/Labor actual cost totals are transferred to the chargebacks material/labor values when chargebacks are enabled in closing a work order.
- Personnel selection in assigning labor is now sorted by personnel code.
- MainBoss @Requests is an add-on to the regular MainBoss package, making it possible for people to submit
work requests by e-mail or through a web page. In essence, people can submit a problem description to MainBoss
@Requests, and the software creates a corresponding work request that is placed in your MainBoss database.
Important: Since the database format has changed between MainBoss 2.7 and MainBoss 2.7 Update 1,
you must install the update on all the computers that use your MainBoss database. You cannot have some of your
computers running the updated software while others are still running the old MainBoss 2.7.
Copyright © 2018 Thinkage Ltd. All rights reserved