The Benefits of a CMMS in Schools
Schools, colleges and universities must maintain office space, teaching space, living space,
commercial space, recreation space, and research spaces.
In general, schools have the following maintenance needs:
- All such facilities must maintain high standards of appearance, comfort, and safety.
- Maintenance departments must satisfy those who use the facility (e.g. with timely and
effective response to problem reports).
- Board members, principals, and superintendents must protect themselves against liability claims from anyone injured
on the premises.
How can a CMMS address these needs?
- Preventive maintenance scheduling ensures that boilers, air-conditioning equipment,
service vehicles, etc. are maintained according to manufacturers' specs and good
- A CMMS makes it easy for workers to find information, including schematic drawings,
blueprints, manuals, pictures, equipment specifications, and anything else that might
be useful for a job.
- A CMMS can make sure that problem reports don't fall through the cracks.
It can also track costs by tenant (when appropriate) to allow for back-charging or to
justify costs at contract renewal time.
- CMMS data records exactly what work is done when.
This can be invaluable evidence to support you in liability suits, proving that
you conscientiously did what you were supposed to.
Copyright © 2018 Thinkage Ltd. All rights reserved